As the citizens of the world find themselves trapped in an unexpected virus-inflicted, dystopian nightmare; controlling the popular message and affecting the behaviour of the population has become a primary concern of Governments worldwide.
In the information age we live in, this means competing for airtime with an online world has gone into meltdown with wild-eyed conspiracy theories and endless counter-narratives to the government controlled slogans being delivered to the population through an often-distrusted mainstream media.
In part one of a two-part mix*, Postie presents a cut-n-paste-n-mix-n-edit musical examination of some of these narratives set out in a rough timeline of events and sound-tracked to appropriately-titled drum breaks, hip hop, funk , soul and Jazz music. All tracks recorded from vinyl** .
In layman’s terms… some nerdy, political, musical collage, mixtape shit!
* Part 2 coming soon from Spot 2 – aka “HML”
**Except where no vinyl is available
- You Must Stay at Home (intro) – Deejay Postie
- Going Home – Black Grass
- Coming Home – Swindle feat. Kojey Radical
- Going Back Home – Nina Simone
- Who Is the Hunter, Who Is the Prey? – Sorcerers
- Ghost Town – DJ Shadow
- Ghost Town – Elvis Costello and the Roots
- Stay Away – Charles Bradley
- Don’t Touch Just Watch Me – Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro
- Communication – Melt Yourself Down
- Stranger Than Fiction – Moses Boyd
- Death Moves – Dabbla
- 1000 Deaths Demo Version – D’Angelo
- I Woke Up in a Fucked-Up America – Lonnie Hollie
- New York is Killing Me – Gil Scott-Heron
- Question Time – Dave
- Realise – Cykada
- Your Freedom is the End of Me – Melanie De Biasio
- Fulfilment House – 1000 Kings
- Crowded – Coops
- The Recluse – Cymande
- Philosopher II – Ezra Collective
- State Of The Union Freestyle – Jehst